Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
NATIONAL TEDDY BEAR DAY – On this Day, honors the history of one of childhood’s favorite toys. We’ ve all had a special cuddly teddy as a child. Some of us still have our teddy bear from our childhood.
- SC seeks Centre’s reply on plea for opening places of worship
- Confer Bharat Ratna on Manmohan Singh, along with PVN, says Congress leader Veerappa Moily
- Former CM Omar Abdullah to vacate government accommodation in Srinagar
- Providing security to those who insult Mumbai is unfortunate: Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Home Minister Anil Deshmukh again receives threat calls: Source
- TN Assembly session to begin from September 14, MLAs asked to get tested for Covid-19 24 hours before session
- Roadside bomb attack misses Afghan vice president, but kills four
- US election: Republican campaign video featuring PM Modi woos Indian-American voters
- Japanese online brokerage SBI Holdings Inc considering retreat from Hong Kong
- Efforts on for big restaurant-type online delivery platform for street vendors: PM Narendra Modi
- Is Modi govt playing the border card right? An ET Online Survey captures India’s reaction
- Centre’s push to ease environmental regulations for speedy clearances sparks a row
- Rural spending overtakes urban; rural growth seen as the only silver lining for growth in mid term
- Mahindra Electric Mobility globally launches MESMA 48 platform for EVs
- PGCIL commissions first leg of Raigarh-Pugalur HVDC transmission project
- Passenger vehicle retail sales fall 7% in August: Automobile dealers’ body FADA
- Convalescent plasma therapy on Covid patients not helpful in reducing mortality: ICMR study
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
Madhya Pradesh: PM Modi to hold Svanidhi Samvaad with street vendors from
- On 9 September, PM Modi is to hold ‘Svanidhi Samvaad’ with street vendors from Madhya Pradesh on 9 September 2020 through video conferencing.
- The program will be telecasted through webcasts. PM will interact with 3 beneficiaries from the state by connecting virtually with them from their vending locations.
|Madhya Pradesh||State of India|
|Capital||Bhopal (Executive Branch)|
|Chief minister||Shivraj Singh Chouhan|
Radio Astronomer Prof Govind Swarup passed away
- Govind Swarup passed away on 7 September 2020. He died due to age-related health complications. He was 91 years old. He is widely recognized as ‘Father of Indian Radio Astronomy.’
On sep 8th, 2020 Kerala emerges as the most literate state again
- According to the report on ‘Household Social Consumption: Education in India as part of 75th round of National Sample Survey – from July 2017 to June 2018’, Kerala has 96.2% literacy.
- This is followed by Delhi, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh and Assam. The worst performers include Andhra Pradesh, Rajasthan, Bihar, Telangana, UP and MP.
|Kerala||State if India|
|Chief minister||Pinarayi Vijayan|
|Governor||Arif Mohammad Khan|
Cabinet Approves Amendments to Three Labour Codes
- The Union cabinet approved amendments to the labour codes on September 8, 2020. The Three codes include social security, industrial relations, and occupational safety and health (OSH) out of four codes that was proposed in the Industrial Relations Code, 2019 bill.
Five PSUs of India to join International Solar Alliance Coalition
- Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Dharmendra Pradhan announced, during the inaugural speech at the first World Solar Technology Summit held on September 8, 2020, that five Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) will join the International Solar Alliance (ISA) Coalition for Sustainable Climate Action by contributing to the corpus fund of ISA.
|International Solar Alliance Headquarters location||Gurugram|
|Founded at||Paris, France|
|Membership||All members of UN|
|Founders||India, Narendra Modi, François Hollande|
Minority Affairs Ministry decides to resume Hunar Haat event on October
- On Sep 8th, After a gap of 6 months, the Hunar Haat event is to be restarted from October 9 to 18 at Prayagraj. The theme of the crafts fair would be ‘Local to Global’, with the focus on indigenous Indian toys.
- The fest enables local artisans and craftsmen to showcase and sell their products.
Union Cabinet approves amendment to 3 labour codes
- The amendments to the labour codes on social security, industrial relations and occupational safety (pensions and medical benefits) were approved by the Union Cabinet. These codes will be moved in the upcoming monsoon session of the Parliament.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
ADB & GoI has signed USD 500 Million Loan for Delhi-Meerut RRTS Corridor
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of India (GoI) signed a $500 million loan on 8 September. The first tranche of a total $1 billion facility will be used to build a modern, high-speed 82 Km Delhi-Meerut Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) corridor.
|Asian Development Bank Headquarters||Mandaluyong, Philippines|
|Founded||December 19, 1966|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AGRICULTURE
Agriculture Minister Tomar inaugurated 22 bamboo clusters in 9 states virtually
- Union Agriculture Minister has inaugurated 22 bamboo clusters in Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha, Assam, Nagaland, Tripura, Uttarakhand and Karnataka. A logo for the National Bamboo Mission was also released during this virtual event.