Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
NATIONAL WAFFLE DAY – On this day, commemorates the anniversary of the first waffle iron patent issued. Celebrate by savoring your favorite kind of waffle!
- Govt releases SOPs (standard operating procedures) for resuming film, TV serial shoots amid Covid-19.
- Convince Rahul to become Cong Prez if your health does not permit full-fledged dedication: Siddaramaiah to Sonia Gandhi.
- After angry reactions, Congress says Rahul never accused dissenters of ‘colluding’ with BJP
- National Council for Transgender Persons formed under Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Act, 2019
- Prashant Bhushan refuses to apologise in SC for his 2 tweets against judiciary
- Ram Vilas Paswan admitted to Fortis Escorts with congestion in lungs and acute kidney failure
- Kerala: Assembly passes “unanimous resolution” against leasing of Trivandrum airport
- Chinese Communist Party applies unfair means to hijack global order
- States stare at uncovered losses of up to Rs 3.1 lakh Cr in FY22: SBI report
- Tax non-virginia tobacco to earn Rs 40,000 crore revenue: NGO writes to Centre
- Govt frames norms for enforcement of ‘rules of origin’ for imports under free trade agreements (FTAs) to check dumping of goods by a third country routed through an FTA partner country.
- Rs 1,200-Cr plan to hook up Nubra, Zanskar in Ladakh to national grid
- IIT-Bombay, Shiv Nadar University develop environment friendly lithium batteries
- Audio quality Indian smartphone users’ top priority: Study
- MG Motor forays into pre-owned car business in India
- Bengaluru hotel sector performance declined 59% in RevPAR in YTD July 2020 (Y-o-Y): JLL
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
Government of India proposes stricter norms for construction machinery
- GoI has proposed stricter norms to ensure greater safety on highways. It includes features such as machine mounted audible travel alarms, requirements for operator station, non-metallic fuel tank, operator visibility for construction equipment machinery.
- There are safety requirements for Construction Equipment Vehicles in Central Motors Vehicles rules, 1989. These new rules are being proposed to introduce Automotive Industry Standard AIS 160. The Govt has proposed stricter norms under the new rules to ensure greater safety on highways.
Central Govt to States: Include all eligible disabled persons under NFSA, 2013
- The Central Govt wrote to the State governments and the Union Territories that all the disabled persons should be included under National Food Security Act (NFSA), 2013.
- The Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan benefits are for those persons who are not covered under NFSA Act or Public Distribution System of States. Therefore, the disabled persons without rations cards are also eligible to receive benefits under Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abbhiyan.
- The scheme is to lapse on August 31, 2020. Therefore, the Central Government has issued order to identify such disabled persons who do not hold ration cards and include them under NFSA, 2013.
Indian Railways generated more than 6,40,000 days of work under Garib Kalyan Rozgar Abhiyan
- The Indian Railways have generated more than 6,40,000-man days under Garib Kalyan Rozgar Abhiyan in six states. They are Jharkhand, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Odisha, Uttar Pradesh.
- Till August 21, 2020, around 12,276 workers have been enrolled under Garib Kalyan Rozgar Abhiyan. The Indian Railways had identified the following works under the scheme
- Construction & maintenance of approach roads for the level crossings
- Cleaning of silted water ways
- Construction & maintenance of approach roads to the railway stations
- Repair and widening of existing railway embankments
- Protection works of existing embankments
- Plantation of trees at extreme boundary railway lands
|Indian Railways||Railway company|
|Founded||16 April 1853, India|
|Number of employees||13,08,000 (2016-2017)|
State Minister of Assam Inagurated to India’s longest ropeway on Brahmaputra to open for public in Guwahati
- On 25th AUG 2020, the State Minister of Assam, Siddhartha Bhattacharya is to inaugurate India’s longest ropeway across river Brahmaputra.
- The ropeway is to cut short the travel time by almost an hour. It is 2 km long and the distance is covered in 7 minutes. One-way ride is to cost Rs 60.
- The ropeway has been built at a cost of Rs 56 Crs. The construction was initiated in 2006 as a part of beautifying Brahmaputra. The ropeway is to be of great help when the ferry services had to be stopped between the banks due to excessive flooding of Brahmaputra.
|Guwahati||City in Assam|
|District||Kamrup Metropolitan district|
|Brahmaputra||River in Asia|
Nuakhai Juhar Festival celebrated in Chhattisgarh & Odisha
- On August 23, 2020, Nuakhai Juhar festival was celebrated in Odisha, Chhattisgarh and other neighbouring states. It is celebrated to welcome the new crop of the season. Also called Nuakhai Parab or Nuakahi Bhetghat.
- During the festival, food grains are worshipped. The locals organize dances and folk songs in their districts displaying their culture and tradition. It is predominantly celebrated in western Odisha. However, this year due to COVID-19 lock down, people celebrated the festival inside their homes.Since March 2020, several other tribes have celebrated their festivals indoors
|Chief minister||Naveen Patnaik|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Russia, Turkey likely to sign S-400 missile deal in 2021
- Turkey is likely to sign a contract for the delivery of an additional batch of Russia’s S-400 missile systems next year.
- It had bought the missile system last year, leading to the suspension from US F-35 stealth fighter jet programme.
|Russia President||Vladimir Putin|
|Prime minister||Mikhail Mishustin|
United States approves emergency plasma treatment against COVID-19
- The US govt has permitted emergency authorisation for doctors to use plasma therapy to treat COVD-19 patients.
- The deadly virus has killed over 176,000 Americans in the past months. The plasma is believed to have antibodies that could help hasten the recovery.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Indian badminton created record by receives 6 awards in 2020 National Sports Awards
- Indian Badminton has created record by receiving 6 awards in 2020 National Sports Awards. Former shuttlers Pradeep Gandhe, Trupti Murgunde and Satyarakash Tiwari were the first badminton players to receive Dhyachand Award for lifetime achievement.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AGRICULTURE
National Statistical Office(NSO): Farm Sector grows as GDP contracts for first time in India
- The National Statistical Office is to release its data for this quarter on August 31, 2020. According to the NSO officials, in spite of agricultural production going up in the country, the GDP is contracting.
- This is the first time India is witnessing fall in GDP in spite of agricultural production going up.The quarterly estimates of GDP began in 1996-97.