Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
NATIONAL SECONDHAND WARDROBE DAY – On this Day, encourages deals & savings each year across the United States on AUG 25. Find steals in secondhand & consignment stores all day long on gently worn clothing for all ages. Did you know, secondhand shopping offers numerous benefits. Beginning with the savings, for a fraction of the price of retail, thrifty shoppers fill their wardrobe while pocketing the savings.
- Rahul Gandhi loyalist minister threatens Wasnik, Chavan & Deora
- Doctor’s suicide: Mysuru protests may slow down Covid-19 testing in Karnataka
- 3 pro-change leaders dare CWC to take instant action after Ambika Soni attacks them
- Haryana Chief Minister: Manohar Lal Khattar tests positive for COVID-19
- TikTok sues over ban ordered by Donald Trump
- Rajeshwar Rao, Lily Vadera front runners for Reserve Bank of India Deputy Governor post
- Data Tampering: Third party collectors liable for penalty
- Government considering to permit FDI for LLPs in construction development
- Vodafone Idea, Airtel likely to get show cause notices from TRAI
- Abu Dhabi Investment Authority, Canada’s PSP write to government on Mumbai airport drama
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
Karnataka Govt: For Migrant Workers to build “Transit Homes”
- The Karnataka Govt is to build transit homes for migrant workers. The homes aim to provide better living conditions for the migrant workers. It was launched because of the reverse migration in Karnataka amid lock down.
- The project is being launched with an inspiration from “Apna Ghar” project of Kerala. The expected cost of the project is Rs 50 Crs. The transit homes will have kitchens so that the migrant workers can cook their own meals. Also, they will have to pay minimal maintenance fee for their stay.
|Karnataka||State of India|
|Chief minister||B. S. Yediyurappa|
|Capital||Bengaluru (Executive Branch)|
In Bihar, 500-bed COVID-19 Makeshift Hospitals to be set up: under PM CARES Fund Trust
- Funds will be allocated from PM CARES Fund Trust for the establishment of 500-bed COVID-19 Makeshift Hospitals at Patna and Muzaffarpur districts in Bihar.
- These facilities will be developed by the DRDO, with increased focus on fortification with modern amenities and infrastructure.
|Bihar||It is a state in East India, bordering Nepal|
|Chief minister||Nitish Kumar|
Assam: India’s longest river ropeway inaugurated
- The 1.8 km long river ropeway, connecting Guwahati and North Guwahati, was inaugurated in Assam. This ropeway, built according to the relevant norms, will reduce the travel time and boost tourism sector.
|Assam||A state in northeastern India|
|Chief minister||Sarbananda Sonowal|
DRDO identifies 108 systems and subsystems to design, develop and manufacture to achieve Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan.
- The Defence Research and Development Organization has taken several initiatives to strengthen indigenous defence production under Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan. Recently, DRDO has included 108 systems and subsystems to achieve Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan.
- Under the new initiative, DRDO will provide support to design, develop and test the identified 108 systems. By this, it intends to fulfil the requirements of armed forces, R&D establishments and other security agencies.
|DRDO Headquarters location||New Delhi|
|Minister responsible||Rajnath Singh, Minister of Defence|
|Subsidiaries||Gas Turbine Research Establishment, Defence Scientific Information & Documentation centre|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
China has launched advanced warship to Pakistan
- China launched an advanced warship for Pakistan. This is the largest it has built for a country and also the first among the four most sophisticated naval platforms.
- China has sold Type 054A/P to Pakistan. It is a guided missile frigate. A Frigate is a warship that has mixed armament and is generally heavier than that of a destroyer.
- The acquisition of the warship will double the combat power of Pakistani Navy surface fleet. It is also expected that Pakistan will have three more similar warships added to its fleet by 2021.
|China||Country in East Asia|
For COVID-19 USFDA authorizes blood plasma therapy
- The United States Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) recently authorized the use of blood plasma therapy for COVID-19 patients.
- India is already using plasma therapy as a cure to COVID-19. India has set up plasma banks to collect blood plasma from COVID-19 recovered patients. Apart from India, France had allowed the use of plasma therapy.
- Australia has still kept plasma therapy under clinical trial. The Chinese had begun the plasma therapy in February 2020. The other countries such as UK still hold plasma therapy on clinical trials.
India-Uzbekistan hold 1st National Coordination Committee meeting
- India and Uzbekistan held their first National Coordination Committee meeting where they discussed their bilateral interests such as trade and investment and Line of Credit projects.
- The meeting was co-chaired by Indian External Affairs Minister and Uzbekistan Deputy Prime Minister. The countries have bilateral trade of over 300 million USD. Pharmaceuticals is the major area of trade between the countries. Also, medical tourism has increased between the countries in the recent past.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS
India-Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank signed loan agreement of 500 million USD
- Govt of Maharashtra and AIIB signed loan agreement of 500 million USD to improve service quality, safety and network capacity of suburban railway system in Mumbai.
- The project is to increase network capacity in the region. This in turn will also help to reduce fatal accidents of commuters. Among the primary beneficiaries of the project, 22% will be female passengers.
|Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) Headquarters||Beijing, China|
|Region served||Asia and Oceania|
|Main organ||Board of Governors; Board of Directors|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ECONOMY
FM announced Businesses with annual turnover of up to Rs 40 lakhs exempted from GST
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitaraman announced that the businesses with annual turnover of up to Rs 40 lakhs are exempted from GST. Earlier the limit was Rs 20 lakhs.
- The announcement was made through series of tweets on the occasion of first death anniversary of former Finance Minister Arun Jaitley. Also, the Finance Ministry added that those people with turnover up to Rs 1.5 crores shall opt for Composition Scheme and shall pay 1 per cent tax.
The concessions announced are as follows
- The composition has been increased from Rs 75 lakhs to Rs 1.5 crores
- The composition scheme has been extended to services as well
- Also, special lower rates have been prescribed for restaurants, construction, etc.