Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
NATIONAL WOMEN’S EQUALITY DAY – On this day, the US Congress passed the 19th Amendment to the Constitution granting women full and equal voting rights on this day in 1920.
- Nitish Kumar to kick off election campaigning on Sep 6 with a virtual rally
- Ahead of TN polls, BJP ropes in former IPS officer Annamalai Kuppusamy
- Cabinet Committee on Parliamentary Affairs recommends that Monsoon Session from Sep 14 to Oct 1
- Telangana reports two Covid-19 reinfections
- Kerala: Lord Padmanabha Swamy temple to open tomorrow but with restrictions
- How the UK restarted its restaurant industry: Paying half the bill
- US consumer confidence fades further in August
- Finance Minister: Two-wheelers neither luxury nor sin goods, merit GST rate revision
- Interest rates transmission improved during 2019-20, according to RBI report
- Vodafone Idea issued show cause notice by Trai for RedX premium tariff plan
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
MoUs signs APEDA with AFC India Ltd, NCUI to synergize the activities in the interest of agriculture and allied sectors to stake holders
- APEDA, under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, has signed Memorandum of understanding (MoUs) with AFC India Limited, and National Cooperative Union of India (NCUI), Delhi. MoU aims to utilise their expertise by mutually working together to synergize the activities in the interest of agriculture and allied sectors for bringing better value to the stakeholders.
- Under the MoU, AFC India Ltd. will identify and introduce the critical technology intervention requirement for organic production systems and chemical/ residue-free production system.
|Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA)||Government ministry|
Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), India signed USD 500 million loan agreement for Mumbai Sub Urban Transport Project-III
- GoI, Maharashtra State Govt, Mumbai Railway Vikas Corporation and the AIIB signed a loan agreement for a $500 million Mumbai Urban Transport Project-III. MoU aim is to improve the network capacity, service quality and safety of the suburban railway system in Mumbai.
- The Mumbai Urban Transport Project-III will benefit 22% of the female passengers from improved safety and the quality of the service.
|Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) Headquarters||Beijing, China|
|Region served||Asia and Oceania|
|Main organ||Board of Governors; Board of Directors|
CMIA partnered with United Nations Development Programme to set up help desk for MSMEs amid COVID-19
- Chamber of Marathwada Industries and Agriculture (CMIA) partnered with UNDP on 24 August to set up help desk for MSMEs amid Covid-19. Aims to establish Covid-19 help desk in order to facilitate MSMEs.
|Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises(MSME)||Government ministry|
|Annual budget||6,552.61 crores INR (2018-19 est., US$920 million)|
ARIES: International Conference on Climate Change & its Impact on Himalayan Region to be held in India
- The Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES), Nainital is to conduct an International Conference on Climate Change and its Impact on Himalayan Region. The conference is to be held between September 14 & September 16, 2020.
|Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences(ARIES) Founded||20 April 1954|
|Director||Prof. Dipankar Banerjee|
|Fields of research||Astronomy, Astrophysics, Atmospheric science|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Bangladesh: Rohingyas to be relocated to new built facility at Bashan Char Island
- The Bangladesh Govt is to relocate Rohingyas to the newly built facility at the Bashan Char Island. This is being done to provide a better place of living for the refugee community from Myanmar.
- The transfer of the refugees is to begin after the Monsoon season if they find the new facility better than the cramped Cox’s Bazar. A few million Rohingyas are cramped at the Cox’s Bazar. It is a port town in the south east coast of Bangladesh.
|Bangladesh||Country in South Asia|
Trump, Pence for Presidential polls renominated by Republican Party officially
- Trump & Pence are renominated by the Republican Party for November’s Presidential polls, making it official that this duo will be up against the Democratic Party candidates, Joe Biden and Kamala Harris, who have formally been nominated for the post of President and Vice President respectively.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ENVIRONMENT
Researchers from Andhra University sighted Rare fish called “Mahseer” sighted in Sileru river
- A team of researchers from Andhra University sighted a rare fish called “Mahseer” in the Sileru river. The fish is listed as Endangered in IUCN (International Union for Conservation of Nature) list.
- Mahseer is commonly found in the Himalayan rivers that are running in cooler regions. This includes Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Bhutan, Nepal. It is a large fresh water fish.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ECONOMY
National Bank for Agriculture & Rural Development(NABARD) unveils debt & credit guarantee scheme
- Structured Finance and Partial Guarantee Programme to NBFC-MFIs was introduced to ensure unrestricted credit flow to pandemic-hit rural areas. It provides partial guarantee on loans extended to small and mid-sized micro finance institutions.
|National Bank for Agriculture & Rural Development(NABARD)||It is an apex development finance institution.|
|Purpose||Development assistance; Poverty Reduction|
Reserve Bank of India(RBI) Annual Report 2019-20
- The Reserve Bank of India released its annual report 2019-20. The report has made it very clear to the world that the apex bank stands as a bank with the highest levels of financial resilience globally. According to the report, the total income in 2019-20 has increased by 28.97%.
|RBI Governor||Shaktikanta Das|
|Founded||April 1, 1935, Kolkata|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: TECHNOLOGY
India’s ASTROSAT makes rare Discovery
- ASTROSAT, the first multi wavelength satellite has detected extreme UV light from galaxy that 9.3 billion light years away from the Earth.
- The first multi-wavelength satellite of India has five unique X-ray and UV telescopes. They detect extreme UV light from galaxies that are billion light years away from the earth. It is an IRS class satellite. IRS is Indian Remote Sensing Satellite.