Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
NATIONAL POWER RANGERS DAY – On this Day, officially recognizes the original “teenagers with attitude” and celebrates all things Power Rangers! In 1993, five ordinary teenagers exploded on the pop-culture scene with the launch of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. Together they broke down barriers. They defeated evil by demonstrating teamwork, inclusivity, and diversity to people of all ages.
- Govt lines up over 20 bills for monsoon session of Parliament starting Sept 14
- GST Council forcing states to borrow: Congress governments
- Rajasthan: Union Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan inaugurates medical colleges in Bhilwara & Bharatpur
- Andhra Pradesh: 3 million women to get house sites worth Rs 22,000 crores
- Karnataka law varsity exams postponed amid Covid scare
- Africa declared free of the wild polio virus by WHO with no new cases reported in the last 4 years
- Excessive rains raising fears of floods and pest attack, likely to affect crop output
- World Bank pauses Doing Business report on data irregularities
- States lost 60-70% tax revenue in GST regime: Telangana Finance Minister Harish Rao
- GST Council extending cess levy beyond 5 years would worry business: Experts
- G-20 goods trade decline in second quarter steepest since 2009 crisis: OECD
- Phoenix Mills eyes acquisitions as malls’ valuations turn attractive post Covid-19
- SBI chief hopes for lesser number of debt recast requests from corporates
- PNB housing finance failed to get any bidder for Vipul Ltd project in Gurgaon
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh launched DGNCC Mobile Training App for NCC Training
- Union Minister of Defence Rajnath Singh launched the Directorate General National Cadet Corps (DGNCC) Mobile Training App on 27 August. The mobile Application will assist in conducting countrywide online training of National Cadet Corps (NCC) cadets.
NeGD, CSC E-Governance Services India Limited sign MoU to make UMANG app available to citizens
- The National e-Governance Division (NeGD), Ministry of Electronics & IT (MeitY) has signed an MOU with Common Service Center (CSC) e-Governance Services India Limited on 26 August 2020. The MoU aims to facilitate delivery of Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance (UMANG) services at CSCs, in an assisted mode. This will make services on UMANG app available to citizens through the network of3.75 lakh CSCs.
- Under the MoU, the CSC operators Village Level Entrepreneurs (VLEs) will enable citizens to avail e-Governance services of 140 Departments through the UMANG App.
Centre to set up a National e-Assessment Centre to implement Faceless Assessment
- Centre is planning to set up the National e-Assessment Centre (NeAC) and a network of Regional e-Assessment Centres to implement the Faceless Assessment Scheme of the Income Tax Department. It was launched nation-wide by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 13th August 2020.
- The system will allow dynamic jurisdiction, team-based working, and functional specialization and does away with human interface altogether.
Ministry of Social Justice to launch Kiran, mental health rehabilitation helpline
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment is to launch Kiran, a mental health rehabilitation helpline. The toll-free helpline is aimed to enable access to mental health resources.
- The Kiran mental health rehabilitation helpline number is 1800-599-0019.
|Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment||Government Ministry|
|Annual budget||₹6,908 crore (US$970 million) (2017-18 est.)|
|Headquarters||Shastri Bhawan, C-Wing, Dr. Rajendra Prasad Road, New Delhi – 110 011|
|Awards||National Film Award for Best Feature Film in English|
Kerala Government has Launched 1st Marine Ambulance “PRATHEEKSHA”
- Around thirty fishermen lose heir lives at sea in a year due to accidents during fishing. The Govt of Kerala has launched Marine Ambulance services to provide more efficient rescue.
- The ambulances to be deployed are as follows:
- Pratheeksha in Thiruvananthapuram
- Pratyasha in Ernakulam
- Karunya in Kozhikode
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Russia released testing video of the World’s most powerful Hydrogen bomb blast
- Russia released a 40-minute video of detonation of the world’s most powerful hydrogen bomb. The bomb was called the Tsar Bomb. It is believed to be 3,333 times more destructive than that of the Hiroshima Nagasaki Atom bombs Little Boy and Fat Man.
- The Hydrogen bomb was first tested over Novaya Zemlya, an archipelago in the Arctic Ocean.
|Russia President||Vladimir Putin|
|Prime minister||Mikhail Mishustin|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENSE
Govt of India sets up Expert Panel to redefine Defence Research Development Organization.
- GoI set up an expert panel to redefine the roles and responsibilities of DRDO
- The aim of GoI to reduce Indian military dependence on imports. This is because, currently India is the second largest arms importer in the world after Saudi Arabia.
|DRDO Headquarters location||New Delhi|
|Minister responsible||Rajnath Singh, Minister of Defence|
|Subsidiaries||Gas Turbine Research Establishment, Defence Scientific Information & Documentation centre|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ECONOMY
World Bank pauses Doing Business report and conduct on “systematic review” and data irregularities
- World Bank put on hold the publication of its Doing Business report as it conducts a “systematic review” & probes the data collection irregularities in the annual study that ranks countries’ business and investment climates.
|World Bank Headquarters||Washington, D.C., United States|
|Parent organization||World Bank Group|
|Founders||John Maynard Keynes, Harry Dexter White|