Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
NATIONAL BEACH DAY – On this Day, on August 30th celebrates all the sandy beaches across the nation. It also provides an opportunity to help keep those relaxing places clean, so we can continue to enjoy them long into the future. Whether we spend time on beaches oceanside, at a lake or river, they provide recreation all summer long. Swimming, water sports, and sunbathing are just a few of the relaxing things that come to mind.
- College students’ mental health worst-hit by the coronavirus-induced lockdown: Study
- COVID-19: India’s cases, fatalities per million among the lowest; 81 percent deaths from 7 states
- Enforcement teams formed in districts for strict implementation of COVID-19 guidelines in Delhi
- US President Trump pays Japan’s Shinzo Abe ‘highest respect,’ plans to call him
- Kamala Harris ‘not competent’ to be president of United States, says Donald Trump
- GST Network starts providing auto-drafted input tax credit statement to taxpayers
- Centre writes to states seeking their choice for borrowings to meet GST compensation shortfall
- Funds leverage, capex by CPSEs may boost GDP by 2-3%: Public Enterprises Selection Board chief
- Pedaling in packs: With pandemic closing down gyms, cycling becomes activity of choice for fitness enthusiasts
- Bicycle demand rises amid coronavirus pandemic but manufacturers unable to keep up
- Amul gets legal relief; court restrains fake websites from using the Amul name
- NMDC’s Board approves demerger of Chhattisgarh steel plant
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
GoI Launched Chunauti: Next Generation Start Up Challenge contest
- Govt of India launched “Chunauti”, the next generation start up challenge contest. Around 300 start ups working in select areas are to be identified and provided with seed fund up to Rs 25 lakhs.
- The challenge is launched with a special focus on Tier-II towns. Chunauti is Challenge Hunt Under NGIS for Advanced Uninhibited Technology Intervention. NGIS is Next Generation Incubation Scheme.
- The main objective of the challenge is to address the challenges faced during pandemic. It is to look for solutions that will support industries, Govt & public at large.
Medical Council of India: Pandemic management module to be part of MBBS course
- Medical Council of India has introduced module on pandemic management along with its social, legal and other aspects in the MBBS course. This is to prepare doctors for future challenges similar to the COVID-19
|Medical Council of India||Indian regulatory body|
|Agency executive||Jayshreeben Mehta (President)|
Dr. Harsh Vardhan chaired 20th virtual meeting of GoM on COVID-19 pandemic
- Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare, Dr. Harsh Vardhan, chaired the 20th meeting of the High-level Group of Ministers (GoM) on COVID-19 on 29 August.
- Officials including Sh. Hardeep S. Puri, Minister of Civil Aviation, Dr. S. Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs (MEA), Sh. MansukhLalMandaviya, Minister of State, Shipping (Independent Charge), Chemicals and Fertilizers, Sh. Ashwini Kumar Choubey, Minister of State, Health & Family Welfare, and Sh. NityanandRai, Minister of State, Home Affairs. Dr. Vinod Paul, Member (Health) NitiAayog, participated in the virtual meeting.
Punjab Govt passed a resolution against Farm Ordinances
- Punjab State Govt passed a resolution against the Centre’s farm ordinances. The resolution was tabled by Chief Minister Amarinder Singh. The resolution termed these ordinances as anti-farmer and against the Minimum Support Price (MSP) regime.
|Punjab||State of India|
|Chief minister||Amarinder Singh|
|Governor||V. P. Singh Badnore|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
UNs to renew, reduce Lebanon Peace Keeping Forces
- UNs announced that it will reduce the peace keeping forces in Lebanon for another year. Also, it will reduce the number of troops.
- United Nation Interim Force in Lebanon established in 1978. It patrols the southern border of Lebanon known as Blue Line. The Blue Line runs along Lebanon-Israel border. The troop ceiling is being lowered from 15,000 to 13,000.
14th India-Singapore Defence Policy Dialogue held on video Conference
- AUG 28, 2020, the India-Singapore Defence Policy Dialogue was held in video conference. The countries agreed to discuss number of issues of bilateral defence engagements. They agreed to enhance the security partnership.
- The HADR agreement was signed between the countries during the dialogue. HADR is Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief.
|Country in Asia|
Britain to allow emergency use of any effective coronavirus vaccine
- The laws are to be tweaked to enable emergency use of any effective coronavirus vaccine before fully licensed. However, these shots need to meet the required safety and quality standards.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS
Kharif crops acreage in India at record high
- Area under kharif crops has touched an all-time high area of 108.22 million hectares during the week ended August 28.
- This creates a possibility of bumper harvest of 149 million tonnes surplus. The last all-time high acreage was 107.57 million during the 2016 kharif season.
President of India Ram Nath Kovind virtually presented 2020 National Sports and Adventure Awards
- President has virtually presented the National Sports & Adventure Awards, 2020 from Rashtrapati Bhavan on 29 August 2020. The achievements of these award winners are a reminder of India’s immense potential in the sports.
- The sports award is presented every year to recognize and reward excellence in sports.
- Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award: This award is for the spectacular and most outstanding performance in the field of sports by a sportsperson over a period of four years
- Arjuna Award is presented for consistently outstanding performance for four years
- Dronacharya Award is for the coaches for producing medal winners at prestigious international sports events
- Dhyan Chand Award is presented for lifetime contribution to sports development.
- Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puruskar is awarded to the corporate entities in both the private and public sectors and individuals who have played a visible role in the area of sports promotion and development.
- Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Trophy is given to the overall top performing university in inter-university tournaments.
- In addition, the Tenzing Norgay National Adventure Award is awarded to recognize the spirit of adventure among the people of the country.
|Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports||Government department|
|Officeholder||Kiren Rijiju (MOS independent charge)|
|Departments||Department of Children & Youth Affairs, Department of Youth and Sports Development|
|Founded||27 May 2000|