Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE
MOTHER’S DAY – Mother’s Day is a time-honored tradition of recognizing the women in our lives who raised us, dried our tears, and well, mothered us. Everyone has one or has someone who is like a mother to them.
NATIONAL CLEAN UP YOUR ROOM DAY – On this day, the spring cleaners get their wish granted with the annual observance called National Clean Up Your Room Day.
NATIONAL LIPID DAY – On this day, each year brings awareness to Dyslipidemia. Dyslipidemia is an abnormal amount of lipids (e.g. cholesterol and/or fat) in the blood.
Today Current Affairs Headlines
Current Affairs INDIA
- Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) – Visa-free travel facility granted to Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) cardholders not in India at present would continue to be suspended till the time a prohibition on international air travel of passengers.
- Telangana becomes the first state to extend lockdown beyond May 17; till May 29
Coronavirus vaccine ready in India …
The Indian Medical Research Council has undertaken the task of detecting coronavirus in our country. The company has partnered with Bharat Biotech International Limited, a private company for drug discovery studies.
Meanwhile, various private companies in the country have embarked on a corona vaccine discovery test. The Indian Medical Council’s initiative in the midst of these trials is seen as constructive. In a statement issued by the Medical Research Council of India, Bharat Biotech International Limited has entered into an agreement with the corporation to find a vaccine. Under this agreement, we have handed over the Corona Sterines to a private company, which is housed at the Indian Institute of Virology in Pune.
Wipro Chief Executive Officer(CEO) & Managing Director Abidali Z Neemuchwala steps down
Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Managing Director Abidali Z Neemuchwala of Wipro Limited has decided to step down due to family commitments. Neemuchwala will continue to hold the office of CEO and Managing Director until a successor is appointed for a smooth transition and to ensure that business continues as usual.
Current Affairs Tamil Nadu
Tamil Nadu weather conditions!
The Meteorological Department said the public should reduce their exposure to daylight as much as possible during the day. The Chennai Meteorological Department has given detailed information on this. The situation is the same today.
In Vellore, Dharmapuri, Salem, Karur, Trichy, Dindigul, Madurai, Tiruvallur, the temperature may be up to 104 degrees. Therefore, the public and farmers should avoid working in the open air between 11 am & 3.30 pm. Thundershowers are expected in light of moderate to moderate rainfall today. Temperatures are recorded at 98 degrees during the day. Fishermen have been warned not to go to sea as hurricanes are blowing over Lakshadweep and Maldives.
Permission to operate tea shops in TN .. Essential stores can run until 7 p.m.
Tea stores in all parts of Tamil Nadu except for disease control areas are allowed to run only parcels.
In addition, the Tamil Nadu government has announced that essential troops will be operating from 6 am to 7 pm.
The social gap in tea shops, in particular, must be followed. It is also mandated to clean the shop regularly with anti-germicidal agents.
Current Affairs Economy
After the curfew…Central Govt has issued new guidelines for the factories!
The central & state govt has been allowed to operate with restrictions as many industries are closed. The new guidelines have issued by the Home Ministry for the factories to follow the curfew.
- The first week of the opening of the factories should be observed as the test week.
- Carefully monitor factory equipment used by workers. If any unusual noise or odor is exposed, care must be taken immediately. If the situation is dire, the factory should be closed immediately.
- Inspection of daily storage warehouses and machinery during curfew days.
- Where the hazardous chemicals are stored, the stability of the chemicals involved should be used.
- Ensure adequate ventilation and illumination in storage. You need to make sure the roofs are damaged.
- Inspect for the repair of factory valves, pipes, and belts.
- Before the commencement of work, the entire unit must ensure that the safety features are correct.
- Pipes and appliances should be cleaned with air/water/chemicals as per usual. All pipes, containers should be inspected to ensure pressure and temperature are correct.
- Check that the production units are tightly closed so that there is no leakage.
- Employees should be provided with sanitizers every 2 or 3 hours to clean their hands. Clean the restrooms, chairs, tables, and supplies they use.
- Check the body temperature of employees twice daily. If any signs show up, you should take immediate action.
- Employees must use sanitizers to check body temperature when entering the factory. Wear face shields and hand gloves during work.
Current Affairs Sports
Ready to recover from retirement … All-rounder Irfan Pathan!
All-rounder of Indian cricket team Irfan Pathan. He announced his retirement from international cricket earlier this year. It was during this event that Indian player Suresh Raina spoke on Instagram. He said he was ready to come out of retirement and play.
HighLights – Irfan Pathan has scored 1544 runs and 173 wickets in 120 ODIs. He has taken 28 wickets in 24 T20 matches. Irfan Pathan won the Man of the Match award at the 2007 T20 World Cup Final.
Current Affairs International
WHO, UN postal agency releases commemorative postage stamp on 40th anniversary of the eradication of smallpox
The World Health Organization (WHO) and the UN’s postal agency have released a commemorative postage stamp on 9 May to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the eradication of smallpox.
WHO’s smallpox eradication campaign was launched in 1967. WHO raised awareness about smallpox across the world through postage stamps. In 1980 May, the 33rd World Health Assembly issued its official declaration that the world and all its peoples have won freedom from smallpox.