RRB TC Salary – In-Hand Salary, Salary Structure, Promotions
Railway Recruitment Board is the biggest network ranking as India’s 2nd largest manpower organization. The board is responsible to recruit candidates for various posts for various railway zones. Every year the board has released the recruitment notification and picked the eligible candidates for the notified posts. Similarly, the RRB is going to release the RRB TC Recruitment Notification along with a huge number of vacancies. Ticket Collector is combined as (Ticket Collector(TC) & Travelling Ticket Examiner(TTE))Candidates who are having a passion to get into government jobs surely have a wonderful opportunity. Candidates kindly stay tuned with us as well as the official site to get regular updates.
Most candidates are having interested to prepare for government jobs. But they don’t have the knowledge of the details of the particular post such as salary, job profile, promotion etc. Because these details are very important that tends to induce the preparation process in a better manner. That is the reason here we have given the complete details of RRB TC Salary, Job Profile, Pay Scale, Salary Structure, Promotion. So candidates kindly scroll down this article fully and know the respective details of RRB TC Salary. Ok, let’s have a look at this.
Railway Apprentice Salary Details
RRB TC Salary In-Hand:
Candidates who are provisionally allotted as Ticket Collector will get the In-hand salary of about 36, 000/- per month. The RRB TC In-Hand Salary may vary depending on whether he/she is posted on a train or on the platform.
- Rs. 5200-20200 + Grade Pay Rs. 1900/-
- Basic Salary – Rs. 15, 000/-
- By joining all the allowance salary will be 36, 000/- per month.
After 7th pay commission
The basic gross salary a TTE’ gets is around 48–52k which includes 31,000 basic pay + 12k(Travelling allowance) +DA+ other incentives paid by the Central government.
RRB TC Salary Slip:
RRB TC Salary Structure
The TC in the Indian Railways has a very good pay scale and they are also given some additional allowances which increase their salary further. Below is the detailed salary structure of an RRB TC/TTE.
|Particulars||X Class City||Y Class City||Z Class City|
|D.A. (Dearness Allowance)||3,689||3,689||3,689|
Railway Commercial Apprentice Salary
RRB TC Salary: HRA Calculation
X Class city:
- HRA or House Rental Allowance depends on the city the employee is posted in.
- HRA of an X class city employee is 24% of the basic pay.
- i.e. 21700 * 24% = Rs.5,208/-
- However, the minimum HRA rate in an X class city is Rs. 5,400/-
Y Class City:
- Employees posted in Y class city has a different House Rental Allowance.
- HRA of a Y class city employee is 16% of the basic pay.
- i.e. 21,700 * 16% = Rs.3,472/-
- However, the minimum HRA rate in a Y class city is Rs. 3,600/-
Z Class City:
- Employees posted in Z class cities which are mostly villages will get fewer allowances than X and Y class employees.
- HRA of Z class city employees is 8% of the basic pay.
- i.e. 21,700 * 8% = Rs.1,736/-
- However, the minimum HRA rate in a Z class city is Rs. 1,800/-
Perks in RRB TC Salary
|Travelling Allowances||Rs. 500/- per day|
|Night Duty Allowance (10 P.M. – 6 A.M.)||Rs. 127/- per unit (1 unit = 6 hours)|
|National Holiday Allowance||Rs. 477/- per day|
Deductions from RRB TC Salary
|New Pension Scheme||10% of (Basic Pay + Dearness Allowance)|
|i.e. (21,700+3,689) * 10% = Rs. 2,539/-|
|Railway Employees Insurance Scheme||Rs. 30/- per month|
|Employees Union||Varies for different Zones|
|Professional Tax||Depends on State|
RRB TC Perks and Benefits
- Gratuity at the time of retirement.
- All medical expenses of the employee and dependents.
- Pension after retirement to the employee and after employee’s death to dependent.
- Railway Quarters.
- Free/Discounted railway travel for employees and dependents.
RRB TC Job Profile
- To be in charge of a coach.
- It is the TC’s responsibility to verify whether the passenger has a ticket. When a passenger’s ticket is invalid, he can fine the passenger.
- During peak periods, he can patrol the platforms, checking that train tickets and platform tickets are valid
- To attend inquiry counter at the railway station.
RRB TC Promotion
Railways recruit the candidates initially as TE’s and they are being promoted up to CTI on basis of their work. The RRB TC Career Growth/Promotion is applicable as per the norms which have been given under.
- Selection or non-selection method.
- The non-selection method means through seniority basis.
- The selection method means through Departmental exams.
|Post Name||Pay Scale||Grade Pay|
|TE/TTE (Ticket Examiner/Travelling Ticket Examiner)||5200-20200-1900||2000|
|Sr.TE/Sr.TTE (Senior Ticket Examiner/Senior Travelling Ticket Examiner)Sr.TE/Sr – TTE||5200-20200-2400||2800|
|TTI (Travelling Ticket Inspector)||9300-34800-4200||4200|
|CTI (Chief Ticket Inspector)||9300-34800-4600||4600|
RRB TC Salary – FAQs:
Q. What is Salary of TC in Railway?
A. The Salary of TC in the Indian Railway is about 36, 000/- per month(including all allowances).
Q. What is Railway TC?
A. TC means Ticket Collector. The Ticket Collector post is available in Indian Railways. His main duty is to check whether the passengers are travelling with valid tickets or not.
Q. How can I become TC in Indian Railways?
A. To become a TC in Indian Railways candidates have to meet the prescribed eligibility criteria that are mentioned here below.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Candidate should complete at least 10th/Matric in any subject with at least 50% marks.
- The minimum age of the candidate should be 18 years and the maximum age should be up to 30 years.