SBI PO Training Period After Selection – Time Duration & Salary During the Probation Period
This article has come up with the complete details of the SBI PO Training Period. SBI applicants are very eager to know about the SBI PO Training Period After Selection process. Candidates who applied and prepared for the exam should read this post, which will encourage you to do your best in the recruitment process. The notice for the job of Probationary Officer has been released by the State Bank of India. Every year, a notification for Probationary Officers is published, and a nationwide selection process is held. Prelims, Mains, and Document Verification are used in the recruitment process. To become a successful banker in SBI, candidates must pass all of the aforementioned areas.
Candidates would receive a message from SBI after the final selection is completed, instructing them to go to a certain SBLC for document verification (DV) and other requirements. After 1–2 weeks of DV, you will receive a mail confirming the successful completion of the Document Verification. The correspondence is simply an invitation to attend training at any of your state’s SBLCs. The SBLC you were asked to report in DV was mostly the same. After you have been offered an appointment letter, your 2-year SBI PO Training Period (on job and classroom) begins. Let’s have a look at this article about the SBI PO Training Period After Selection, Nature of Training and Salary During the Probation Period.
SBI PO Probation Period Time:
SBI PO is one of the toughest jobs to get in public sector banks in India. After you have been offered an appointment letter, your 2-year SBI PO Training Period Starts through job and classroom.
- Candidates must participate in three major training programmes offered by SBI colleges across India.
- The first step will be an orientation and leadership programme, which typically lasts six days.
- Then there will be Foundation Training Program-1, which will last 15 days.
- Between your FTP1 and FTP 2, you’ll be assigned to several branches to provide you experience in a variety of fields.
- FTP 2 will last for one month.
- After 21 months of training, you will take a confirmation test, and if you pass, you will be promoted to deputy manager.
SBI PO Training Period After Selection
You will be granted an appointment letter after passing the exam and passing the interview process, which marks the start of your career as an SBI PO. A career in banking begins with training, which includes a two-year branch assignment with a scale-1. Personal banking, government, SME, currency chest, pension department, clearinghouse, and NRI business are just a few of the departments where you’ll be trained by senior staff. During these years, the trainee’s location, as well as the departments, changes. So, in two years of SBI PO Training Period, candidates can get two transfers.
SBI PO Confirmation After Training:
After the successful completion of SBI PO Training, you’ll be required to take a confirmation cum promotion test. To earn a direct scale 2 promotion, candidates must pass this test with a score of 60%.
Post of Assistant Manager
After successfully completing the 2-year probation period, you will get the post of SBI PO Assistant Manager in any of the branches. Responsibilities of this role are general banking and bank administration. However, looking at the constantly changing consumer behaviour, now SBI PO officer is also expected to have excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
SBI PO Training Centre List
Here we have uploaded the SBI PO Training Centre List PDF in India. Candidates kindly go through it and know the detailed information.
SBI PO Training Period Salary
Here we have given the SBI PO Training Period Salary details for your reference.
- Starting basic pay – Rs. 41,960/- (with 4 advance increments)
- Salary Structure – Rs. 36000-1490/7-46430-1740/2-49910-1990/7-63840
- Dearness Allowance, H.R.A / Lease rental, City Compensatory Allowance, Medical and other allowances & perquisites are applicable.
Responsibilities of SBI Probationary Officer
Here are some of the major duties that a probationary officer of SBI have to perform.
- The key part in the two-year SBI PO training period is the completion of all pending work. You may be reassigned to other branches for the same work during this time.
- During the training term, you will be assigned various basic tasks such as scrolling, posting, and account preparation in order to gain practical understanding in finance, investing, accounting, billing, and marketing.
- Your responsibilities will expand once you are promoted to Assistant Manager. In addition, growth targets for the bank’s business will be set.
- An Assistant Manager’s common functions and responsibilities include cash management, loans, mortgages, and finances.
- Your responsibilities will expand as you improve in areas such as planning, marketing, budgeting, investment management, loan approval and processing, and so on.
- Supervising the clerical staff and should verify their work.