- 1 SEBI Grade A Phase 2 Exam Analysis 2021 – Detailed Section Wise Paper 1 & 2 Analysis
- 2 SEBI Grade A Exam Pattern 2021:
- 3 SEBI Grade A Paper 1 Cut-Off:
- 4 SEBI Grade A Phase 2 Exam Analysis 2021
- 5 SEBI Grade A Phase 2 Analysis: Paper 1
- 6 SEBI Grade A Phase 2 Exam Analysis 2021: Paper 2 (General Stream)
- 7 SEBI Grade A Phase 2 Exam Analysis 2021 – Paper 2
- 8 SEBI Grade A Phase 2 Exam Analysis 2021
SEBI Grade A Phase 2 Exam Analysis 2021 – Detailed Section Wise Paper 1 & 2 Analysis
SEBI Grade A Phase 2 Exam Analysis 2021: SEBI Grade A Phase 2 Examination was finished successfully in various examination centers. Here we have updated the detailed sections wise SEBI Grade A Phase 2 Exam Analysis 2021 for Paper 1 & 2. Candidates who are going to appear for the upcoming SEBI Grade A Examination shall check here the complete analysis. The Securities Exchange Board of India(SEBI) has released its notification in the year 2020 for 147 vacancies. A huge number of applicants have appeared for the phase 2 examination. Today(27th February) the Phase 2 exam has been held at the national level.
The SEBI Grade A Phase I was successfully held on 17th January 2021. Candidates who have cleared the phase 1 exam have attended the phase 2 exam. Candidates who have cleared phase 2 will be qualified for the interview. The marks obtained from the phase 2 exam and interview will only be considered for the final selection. Let’s have a look at the detailed exam pattern first before moving onto the SEBI Grade A Phase 2 exam analysis 2021.
SEBI Grade A Exam Pattern 2021:
|Paper 1||All streams: English (Descriptive Test) to
test the drafting skills
|Paper -2||General Stream: Multiple choice questions on subjects Commerce, Accountancy,
Management, Finance, Costing, Companies
Act and Economics
|Research Stream:- Multiple choice questions on subjects Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, Finance, and Commerce.||100||40 minutes|
|Legal, Engineering Stream (Civil &
Electrical) and Official Language stream:
Multiple choice questions on Specialized
subject related to the stream.
|Aggregate Cut off|
SEBI Grade A Paper 1 Cut-Off:
The Cut off for Paper 1 is 30% while for Paper 2 is 40%.
SEBI Grade A Phase 2 Exam Analysis 2021
The overall exam level was moderate, but it was tricky. Lots of numerical were asked in today’s SEBI grade A phase 2 exam.
SEBI Grade A Phase 2 Analysis: Paper 1
(i) Reading Comprehension – Asked on the theme of “MONEY & its History” of 40 Marks having 5 Questions.
(ii) Precis Writing: One Precis was asked on the theme of “Behavioural Finance” of 30 Marks with a word limit of 170 Words.
(iii) Essay Writing: 4 Essays given, only 1 Essay to be attempted of 30 Marks with a word limit of 200 Words.
The Topics of the 4 Reading Comprehensions were:
1. Importance of teamwork in any organization
2. Pros and cons of merger and acquisition
3. What is fake news and how can we identify it
4. Role of technology in detecting financial fraud
Overall this section was Moderate.
SEBI Grade A Phase 2 Exam Analysis 2021: Paper 2 (General Stream)
|Accountancy||4 -5 Questions|
|Finance||10 – 15 Questions|
|Costing||8 – 10 Questions|
|Companies Act||3 – 4 Questions|
|Economics||4 – 5 Questions|
Overall the Paper 2 of the SEBI Exam was Difficult. Around 13 Questions were Numerical Based. As per the Notification, the cut-off for Paper 2 is 40%.
SEBI Grade A Phase 2 Exam Analysis 2021 – Paper 2
(i) Company Act – 4 to 5 moderate questions
- The special auditor is appointed by whom
- Annual return statement section
- SEBI Act (numerical question)
A moderate level of questions was asked.
- Philip Curve
- Demand & Supply – 2 questions (Demand curve)
- Money (Difference in M1 & M3 money, narrow money, and broad money)
- Type of investment
- Theory of output/Classical theorists (Theory of employment)
- Effective demand
SEBI Grade A Phase 2 Exam Analysis 2021
(iv) Numerical – 7 questions
- Depreciation (Theoretical)
- Turnover ratio
- Asset turnover ratio – 1 question
- Accounting standard 11
- PV Ratio – 2 questions
- Contribution per unit
- Fixed cost
- Breakeven point/operating cost & cashflow