The Hindu Vocabulary:
Dear all, We are providing The Hindu Vocabulary to get good marks in the English section in Bank PO, SO, SSC, and every single Competitive Exam. The Readers we have given English vocabulary passage along with the meaning, synonyms, Antonyms, and usages of hard words to make use of it, and also you can learn more new words so that you can develop your vocabulary. This will help you to understand the passage clearly.
- Dexterous (Adjective) – “a dexterous keyboard player”
Meaning – showing or having a skill, especially with the hands.
Synonyms – deft, adept, adroit, agile
Antonyms – clumsy, stupid
- Spike (Verb) – “his hair was matted and spiked with blood.”
Meaning – form into or cover with sharp points.
Synonyms – impale, spear, skewer, pierce
Antonyms – begin
- Disruptive (Adjective) – “Disruptive pupils.”
Meaning – causing or tending to cause disruption.
Synonyms – troublesome, unruly, rowdy, disorderly
Antonyms – well behaved, manageable
- Negotiation (Noun) – “a worldwide ban is currently under negotiation.”
Meaning – discussion aimed at reaching an agreement.
Synonyms – talks, parleying
Antonyms – disagreement
- Augment (Verb) – “He augmented his summer income by painting houses”
Meaning – make (something) greater by adding to it; increase.
Synonyms – top-up, build up, enlarge, expand, increase
Antonyms – decrease
6. Quash (Verb) – “His conviction was quashed on appeal.”
Meaning – reject as invalid, especially by legal procedure.
Synonyms – reverse, rescind
Antonyms – validate
7. Affirmative (Adjective) – “an affirmative answer.”
Meaning – agreeing with or consenting to a statement or request.
Synonyms – positive, assenting, consenting, agreeing, concurring, corroborative
Antonyms – negative, dissident, neutral, unfavorable
8. Laudable (Adjective) – “Laudable though the aim might be, the results have been criticized.”
Meaning – of action, idea, or aim.
Synonyms – commendable, admirable
Antonyms – blameworthy
9. Deprived (Adjective) – “The charity cares for destitute and deprived children.”
Meaning – suffering a severe and damaging lack of basic material and cultural benefits.
Synonyms – underprivileged, impoverished
Antonyms – fortunate
10. Aide (Noun) – “a presidential aide.”
Meaning – an assistant to an important person, especially a political leader.
Synonyms – helper, adviser
Antonyms – boss