Dear all, We are providing The Hindu Vocabulary to get good marks in the English section in Bank PO, SO, SSC, and every single Competitive Exam. The Readers we have given English vocabulary passage along with the meaning, synonyms, Antonyms, and usages of hard words to make use of it and also you can learn more new words so that you can develop your vocabulary. This will help you to understand the passage clearly.
- Judiciously – “His work has been carefully and judiciously edited..”
Meaning – With good judgment or sense.
Synonyms – Discreet, Intelligent, Judgmatic, Judgmatical, Prudent
Antonyms – Imprudent, Indiscreet, Injudicious
- Decentralized – “Canada has one of the most decentralized governments in the world.”
Meaning – Transfer authority from central to local government.
Synonyms – Localized
Antonyms – Centralized
- Entitlement – “Kids who feel so entitled and think the world will revolve around them.”
Meaning – Believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.
Synonyms – Qualified, Authorized
Antonyms – Disqualified
- Discriminatory – “Business leaders must take a stand against discriminatory practices.”
Meaning – Making or showing an unfair or prejudicial distinction between different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.
Synonyms – Intransigent, Resistant, Obstinate
Antonyms – Impartial, Fair
- Empathy – “He loves children and has a certain empathy with them.”
Meaning – The ability to understand and share the feelings of another.
Synonyms – Compassion, Affinity
Antonyms –Indifference, Apathy
6. Alacrity – “She accepted the invitation with alacrity.”
Meaning – Brisk and cheerful readiness.
Synonyms – Eagerness, Willingness, Readiness, Enthusiasm
Antonyms – Apathy
7. Persistent – “He is one of the government’s most persistent critics.”
Meaning – Continuing firmly or obstinately in an opinion or course of action in spite of difficulty or opposition.
Synonyms – Tenacious, Resolute, Purposeful
Antonyms – Irresolute
8. Abrogation – “He filed for bankruptcy, which permitted the abrogation of all contracts.”
Meaning – The repeal or abolition of a law, right, or agreement.
Synonyms – Repudiation, Revocation, Repeal
Antonyms – Institution, Introduction
9. Detention – “The jail is only used for brief detentions.”
Meaning – The action of detaining someone or the state of being detained in official custody.
Synonyms – Custody, Imprisonment, Confinement, Incarceration
Antonyms – Discharge, Release
10. Inglorious – “That country has a long, inglorious record of dealing harshly with political prisoners.”
Meaning – Causing shame or a loss of honour.
Synonyms – Shameful, Dishonourable, Ignominious
Antonyms – Glorious