UPPSC Staff Nurse Syllabus PDF 2022 – Check Exam Pattern in Detail
Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission has released the UPPSC Staff Nurse Syllabus PDF 2022 along with the recruitment notification. Interested and eligible applicants who are going to apply for UPPSC Staff Nurse recruitment have to start preparing for the examination. Before starting the preparation process, candidates have to get in-depth knowledge of the UPPSC Staff Nurse Syllabus PDF and Exam Pattern.
The syllabus knowledge for the candidates tends to strategize their preparation process in an effective manner. So here we have given the UPPSC Staff Nurse Syllabus PDF 2022 PDF. Candidates are advised to go through this article fully, know each and every topic, collect the study materials and start preparing according to that.
- 1 UPPSC Staff Nurse Selection Process:
- 2 UPPSC Staff Nurse Syllabus PDF 2022
- 3 UPPSC Staff Nuse Syllabus PDF 2022:
- 4 UPPSC Staff Nurse Syllabus PDF 2022:
- 5 UPPSC Staff Nurse Syllabus PDF 2022: General Hindi
- 6 UPPSC Staff Nurse Syllabus PDF: Nursing
UPPSC Staff Nurse Selection Process:
The selection process for the post of UPPSC Staff Nurse is based on
(i) Prelims Exam
(ii) Mains Exam
UPPSC Staff Nurse Prelims Exam Pattern
The Prelims exam is the initial stage of the selection process.
|Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Duration|
|General Knowledge||30||15||120 mins|
|Main Subject Nursing||120||60|
- The exam will be conducted for 85 marks.
- A total of 170 questions shall be asked.
- 1/3 negative mark will be applicable for each wrong answer.
- If a candidate selects more than one answer, the same negative marking shall be applicable.
UPPSC Staff Nurse Mains Exam Pattern 2022
The UPPSC Staff Nurse Main Exam shall consist of 2 parts descriptive in nature. The duration of the exam shall be 3 hours.
- Part A: 5 descriptive questions asked for 5 marks each (word limit 125)
- Part B: 6 questions will be asked out of which 4 must be attempted. Each question shall carry 15 marks (word limit 300).
UPPSC Staff Nurse Syllabus PDF 2022
There are 3 main topics that occupy the entire UPPSC Staff Nurse Syllabus PDF and Exam Pattern. They are
- General Knowledge
- General Hindi
- Main Subject Nursing
Here we have given the complete updated section-wise UPPSC Staff Nurse Syllabus PDF 2022. This blog will cover each and every topic that comes under the above 3 sections. Candidates kindly scroll down this article and know the complete UPPSC Staff Nurse Syllabus PDF 2022.
UPPSC Staff Nuse Syllabus PDF 2022:
History of India and Indian National Movement:
In the History of India, emphasis should be on a broad understanding of social, economic, and political aspects of Indian history. In the Indian National Movement, the candidates are expected to have a synoptic view of the freedom movement, growth of nationalism, and attainment of Independence.
Indian and World Geography:
Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World. In World Geography only a general understanding of the subject will be expected. Questions on the Geography of India will relate to the Physical, Social & Economic Geography of India.
Indian Polity and Governance:
Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc. In Indian Polity, Economic and Culture, questions will test knowledge of the country’s political system including Panchayati Raj and Community Development, broad features of Economic policy in India, and Indian Culture.
Economic and Social Development:
Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc. The candidates will be tested with respect to problems and relationships between Population, Environment, and Urbanization. General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity, and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization. General awareness of the subject is expected from candidates.
Current events of national and international importance:
On Current Events of National and International importance, candidates will be expected to have knowledge about them.
The candidates will be expected to have a general understanding of agriculture in India, agricultural produce, and its marketing.
Questions on General Science will cover general appreciation and understanding of Science including matters of everyday observation and experience, as may be expected of a well-educated person, who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline. This will also include questions on the role of science and technology in the development of India.
UPPSC Staff Nurse Syllabus PDF 2022:
Elementary Mathematics (Upto Class X Level)
In this section, the level questions asked will be up to the Secondary Level. So candidates shall cover their secondary class mathematics.
(1) UPPSC Staff Nurse Syllabus PDF: Arithmetic
(i) Number systems: Natural Numbers, Integers, Rational and irrational numbers, Real numbers, Divisors of an Integer, prime integers, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of integers and their interrelationship.
(iii) Ratio and proportion
(v) Profit and Loss
(vi) Simple and Compound interests
(vii) Work and Time.
(viii) Speed, Time and Distance
(2) UPPSC Staff Nurse Syllabus PDF: Algebra
(i) Factors of polynomials, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of polynomials and their interrelationship, Remainder theorem, simultaneous linear equations, quadratic equations.
(ii) Set Theory: Set null set, subsets and proper subsets of a set, operations (Union, Intersections, difference, symmetric difference) between sets, Venn diagram.
(3) UPPSC Staff Nurse Syllabus PDF: Geometry
(i) Constructions and theorems regarding triangle, rectangle, square, trapezium, and circles, their perimeter, and area.
(ii) Volume and surface area of a sphere, right circular cylinder, right circular Cone and Cube.
UPPSC Staff Nurse Syllabus PDF 2022: General Hindi
सामान्य हिंदी (हाईस्कूल स्तर तक) के पाठ्यक्रम में सम्मिलित किए जाने वाले विषय
- हिंदी वर्णमाला, विराम चिन्ह
- शब्द रचना, वाक्य रचना, अर्थ,
- संधि, समास,
- अनेकार्थी शब्द,
- विलोम शब्द,
- पर्यायवाची शब्द,
- मुहावरे एवं लोकोक्तियाँ
- तत्सम एवं तद्भव, देशज, विदेशी (शब्द भंडार)
UPPSC Staff Nurse Syllabus PDF: Nursing
1. Anatomy & Physiology: Skeletal System, Muscular System, Cardio-Vascular System, Respiratory System, Digestive System, Excretory System, Nervous System, Endocrine System, Reproductive System, and Sense Organs.
2. Fundamentals of Nursing: Nursing as a profession, Maintenance of therapeutic Environment, Nursing Process and Nursing Care Plan, Admission and Discharging of a Patient, The Dying Patient, Hygienic needs and Physical needs, Activity and Exercises, Safety needs, Elimination needs, Care and special condition, Meeting nutritional needs, Observation of Patient, Care of Equipment, Barrier Nursing, administration of drugs, Recording, and Reporting.
3. First Aid: Meaning and Rules of First Aid Emergency situation such as Fire; Earthquakes; Famines; Fractures; Accident; Poisoning; Drowning; Hemorrhage; Insects bites; Foreign bodies Transportation of the injured, Bandaging and splinting, Immediate and later role of nurse
4. Medical-Surgical Nursing: Role and Responsibilities of Nurse in Medical and Surgical Setting. Care of Surgical patient, Anesthesia. Diseases of Cardiovascular System, Gastro-Intestinal System, Genito Urinary System, and Nervous System. Disorder and Diseases of the Respiratory System, Musculo-Skeletal System. Blood Disorder and Blood Transfusion. Endocrine System, Metabolic disorders, deficiency diseases: Hyper and Hypo Secretions, Cysts/Tumors, Diabetes Mellitus, Obesity Gout. The diseases of skin, Ear, Nose, and Throat. Diseases and Disorder of Eye, Intensive care Nursing. Common deficiency diseases, Prevalence in India, Early symptoms, prevention, and treatment. Communicable Diseases: Virus, Bacteria, Zoonoses, and Mosquito.
5. Psychiatric Nursing: Introduction, Community Responsibility, Diagnosis, Management and Role of the Nurse.
6. Community Health Nursing: Concept, Definition of Community Health, difference between- Institutional and community health nursing, qualities and function of community health nursing, Aspects of Community Health Nursing, Demography and Family Welfare.
Health Team: Composition at Community Health Centre (CHC), Primary Health Centre (PHC); Sub-Centre. Role of Nursing Personnel at Various levels: Male & Female Health Worker, Heath Supervisor, Public Health Nurse, Public Health Supervisor, Vital Health Statistics. Health education and communication skills.
7. Midwifery and Gynecological Nursing: Introduction and Definition, Normal Pregnancy, Prenatal care, Care and advice regarding diet in pregnancy, ante-natal exercises, Minor disorders of pregnancy, and alleviation of discomfort.
Diseases associated with pregnancy Normal Delivery Preparation: Normal labor – First stage, Second stage and Third stage of labour, Nursing Management of Baby and birth, Nursing Management of the mother during the puerperium, Complication of pregnancy and its management, High-risk pregnancy and its management, Labour Complications, Complications of puerperium and its management, Obstetrics operations, Drugs used in Obstetrics, Ethical and legal aspects related to midwifery and Gynecological Nursing, Fertility and Infertility Diseases and disorders of the female reproductive system including breasts.
8. Pediatric Nursing: Concept in Child health care and role of Pediatric nurse in child care, The healthy child, The Infant, Disorder of Infant, Recognition, and Management of congenital anomalies, Breast Feeding, Introduction of Solids, Pre and Post Operative care and Preparation of parents for surgery of the infant child.
Diseases of Children: Etiology, Signs, and Symptoms medical and surgical management, nursing care, Complication, diet, and drug therapy, prevention, and treatment with diseases – Gastro-intestinal system, Respiratory System, Genitourinary System, Cardio-Vascular System, Nervous System, Eye and ear, Nutritional Disorder, Communicable diseases, Hematological disorder, Endocrine disorder Child health Emergencies, Psychological disorder problems, and the handicapped child.
9. Professional Trends and Adjustment: Definition and criteria of the Nursing profession, Qualities of a professional nurse, Personal Professional Growth and Continuing Education Career in Nursing, Professional related organizations: International Council of Nurse (ICN), Indian Nursing Council (INC), State Nursing Council, World Health Organization, UNICEF, Trained Nurse Association of India (TNAI), Red Cross Legislation in Nursing.
10. Microbiology: Scope and usefulness of knowledge of microbiology in Nursing, Classification of Micro-organisms and factors influencing growth, Sources of Infection, Portals of Entry and Exit of microbes, Transmission of infection, Collection of Specimens and Principles to keep in mind while collection specimen, Immunity, Control and destruction of micro-organisms
11. Psychology: Definition, Scope, and importance for Nurses, Psychology of human behavior: Emotions, Attitudes, Frustration and Defense mechanisms, Personality, Intelligence, and related Factors, Learning and Observation.
12. Sociology: Importance of Sociology in Nursing. The Socio-cultural and Economic aspects of the community and their effects in health and illness.
The Family: Family as a social institution and basic unit for health service, Basic needs of the family, Advantages of Planned parenthood.
The Society: Concept of society, Rural and Urban Society, Social Problems, unmarried mothers, dowry System, drug addiction, alcoholism, delinquency, handicapped, child abuse, domestic violence, women abuse, Social agencies, and remedial measures.
Economy: Resources of the country – Natural, occupational, agricultural, industrial, etc.
Social Security: Population explosion – its effect on the economy and the need for population control, Budgeting for a family, per capita income, and its impact on health and illness.
13. Personal Hygiene: Maintenance of Health, Physical Health, and Mental Health.
14. Environmental Hygiene:
Water: Safe & wholesome water, Uses of Water, Water pollution, Waterborne disease, and water purification. Air: Air pollution, prevention & Control of Air pollution.
Waste: Refuse, Excrete, Sewage, Health hazards of these wastes Collection, removal, and disposal of the wastes, Housing, Noise.
15. Computer in Nursing: Disk operating systems, Use of computer in Nursing, Internet & Email in Nursing.